15 March, 2006

We interrupt this blog to say...

I know I have a fair few readers (well, more than just me and my husband) but mainly lurkers. I wanted to post a post as me-now not me-then to say a couple of things:

Please do comment! Although perhaps you have nothing to say... in which case perhaps better not to say it...

Secondly, I could use some advice. I am thinking of moving the blog (do Blogger censor their posts? will they read this and delete) because it's very, very slow here. I usually create my posts in Word and publish up here, but I can only do that on my Windows machine at home, not on my Mac laptop and not on my Mac work machine and not if I'm on the road. So unless I'm in the house in the evening, and don't want to watch TV or speak to my husband, not much gets typed up. I was hoping to do this more or less as the year rolled along but as you can see, I'm woefully behind.

Any editing is very very slow, the cursor moves at will to somewhere other than where you place it, and the formatting doesn't survive the transition to the blog from Word, nor can I set the date differently to "now" so I have to change that within the Blogger system too. It definitely makes other internet applications run slowly but I think it makes all applications run slowly, too.

So, what I'm wondering, is whether anyone has any better ideas. Preferably cheap (not necessarily free), and I would really like to keep my colour scheme, my links, and if it is not free, be able to use e.g Google ads, and to be able to put my own code in for my invisible counter. I can cope with basic HTML coding, and have learned a little about style sheets through doing this blog.

Any suggestions? I don't need more than one author, if that helps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you move the blog or did it just stop? The site I use is fairly user friendly (blog.co.uk), although has odd adverts if you're not logged in (something I've only just started to realise).

DrSpouse said...

I just got busy... I have found a place to move it, though, so watch this space