23 March, 2006

March 23, 1978

No school today
Mummy + I went shopping and got me some new shoes and new white socks. I also wore my new dress. It is off white with tiny flowers and bigger flowers (orangy-brown) on the yoke + ruffle. After that I watched T.V. until it was time to go to the dentist. I got 1 filling. Bobby got 1 and needs 3 more! What a disgrace! After lunch we drove to Exeter. There we played with David our 9-year-old half-uncle. We watched Blue Peter and, in the evening (during + after supper) Tomorrows World, The Good Life and Living In The Past.
OK, are you paying attention? Before my parents met, my father’s mother died. She had four children – my father and three sisters. My grandfather (my father’s father) remarried and when he was 60, and his second wife 40, their only son David was born. He is therefore my half-uncle; he now works as a solicitor in the urban regeneration sector. We were never allowed to watch TV and eat at the same time, but my grandfather's house had a very small TV in the dining room, rather than a larger one in the sitting room; they were posher than us.

No comments: