25 March, 2006

March 25, 1978

Easter Eve
This morning I overslept on purpose. After breakfast we drove out to Doone Valley. Bobby was sick on the way and also the way Daddy + I measured a farmhouse because Dads drawing said there was a bulge in the wall. We had lunch in the car, and then drove to Tarn Steps where we had a good long walk. Tea was when we got home, and supper after a good long romp in the garden. I had my bath and then I drew + was read to. Then I went to bed. 9.10 p.m.
My father is a keen, nay, fanatical amateur historian, mainly of houses and cottages. I used to love being his assistant and holding the other end of the tape measure. He also used to read us the books that he liked as a child – Swallows and Amazons, and C.S. Lewis, among others – I think I still have his Swallows and Amazons books somewhere.

No comments: