27 March, 2006

March 27, 1978

This morning I watched ‘Why Don’t You…’ and ‘Boy from Lappland’. We drove to Pringle Bridge and walked a way and back. Then we had lunch. It was pasties, and an ice. Then we walked up a hill, 743 feet! I had sweets on the way down. We had tea when we got back and then I did Cross-quiz. Then we watched on television ‘The Wonderful World of Disney Easter Special’. Then, after supper (and bath) we played Racing Demon.

If you have never played Racing Demon, this is another game my mother indulged in with us children – it is guaranteed to destroy all your playing cards. Each player has a pack, and you basically play a form of solitaire but against each other, trying to get rid of a stack of cards first. Cards are twisted and torn, hands slapped, and all kinds of non-approved behaviour indulged in, including I’m sure a bit of mild swearing on the part of my mother.

3 comments:

Paris Lights said...

What a wonderful idea for a blog! I really enjoyed reading your childhood memories - how long will it go on? I remember writing a diary from 11 to 17, and for some reason stopped at that age. Thanks!

Katie said...

I'm afraid I only have the diary for 1978, but I'm hoping to get all of that down here.

Anonymous said...

Great fun! Looking forward to the next instalment.