28 March, 2006

March 28, 1978

I did a crossword nearly then we set out for Exeter but we stayed a while there in the library where I read a book but didn’t finish it and we had lunch (pasties, cookies, apples + 7up) in a rest area on the motorway and when we got back Mummy + I went shopping and then I made some Choc Chip Cookies and watched ‘The Princess And The Potion’ (Playhouse) and ‘Take Hart’ and after supper (mushroom soup + cheese) and a bath I watched ‘The Rockford Files’, Robins Nest’ + ‘The Vet’, a programme about a vet, and then I went to bed with an aching chest. 9.10 p.m.

It is a little confusing having us drive to Exeter at the start of the holiday and then drive there again as we are on our way home – but my grandfather and his family used to live in a very small village just outside Exeter, so I have finally worked out that we must have nipped into town and I went to the library while my parents bought lunch, on our way home…

No comments: