08 January, 2006

January 8, 1978


We had breakfast as soon as we woke up. We played a while, 1 hr, and then went to church at 10am. I started Pathfinders today! It was great. First we sang songs. Then we had a quiz. That was the only bit when nobody shouted out. We then had a discussion about nothing in particular. Then we did a Bible quiz, with things about you on the back. After church I walked over to get Bobby from Explorers. He got out early (worse luck). After lunch I went to play with Debbie and she wasn't there. I then watched a film, did a test, had supper and watched television (a Carry On) until bedtime.

Pathfinders and Explorers are apparently still going strong, though I am not sure they are "official" Sunday School group titles any more. My friend Debbie lived around the corner from me, with her mother, in a flat (which seemed very exotic to me), and she and her mother shared a bedroom (again, something completely outside my experience - it sounded quite fun in principle to me but obviously wasn't much fun for her!).

No comments: