05 January, 2006

January 5 1978


After breakfast, Morgan and Dodo went to school. I went with them. I played with Dodo's Spiro 2000 after that. It is great. When Bobby woke up I tried to show him, but he couldn't do it. We drove to Oxford about 10.45 a.m. When we arrived, I went with Fiona to get Biddy from school - she had a half-day. She brought two friends. We made up and staged a play. Mummy said it was good. When we got home (hurrah) the central heating had broken. So we had to use other methods of heating. Then the hot water bottle burst ¡ *


* ¡ means ! only bad


(I clearly hadn't come across Spanish punctuation...)

Bobby is my younger brother - who has not surpisingly given up being called Bobby and is now called Rob. Fiona was a family friend and Biddy (Bridget, now a charity director) her daughter. Not surprisingly I still remember the central heating episode quite well.

No comments: