17 January, 2006

January 17, 1978


It snowed (slightly) again. In Maths we did about degrees in Triangles. In English we did Past Participles. I played Mice in the lunchbreak. We did Art in which we painted patterns made from circles. In Scripture we did about Jesus as a young boy. I didn't have any homework so I went to spend my book token. I got, 'The Workhouse Child' and, 'Midnight is a Place'. I watched 'Charlies Angels'.


I don't particularly remember 'The Workhouse Child' but 'Midnight is a Place', by Joan Aiken, was one of my favourites - full of dark satanic mills, and very rousing to a child with a vaguely social conscience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was born on this day. It was a Tuesday. It's kind of interesting to see what other people were doing.
I've been a girl scout, a heroin addict, a troubador, a cocktail waitress, a stripper, a housewife, a college grad, and a Gap employee. I've lived an entire lifetime since you watched Charlie's Angels that night.
Life can be pretty amazing.

- Persephone