13 January, 2006

January 13, 1978

Today I had a test in French. I did quite well, but I don't know the results. My friend, Pernille, has moved to Wales. I miss her so much. I don't like school any more without her. We are in woodwork this term. It is super. We had music after lunch, we listened to a rather bad record on Mozart. We saw one film on Essex and one on fossils. I got new shoes at ballet. There is a new girl. I watched Sherlock Holmes and 'Porridge'.


Pernille (whose mother was Danish) had moved to Wales - we did keep in touch and it was at her house that I dyed my hair red and cut it half an inch long all over, just after doing my O levels. My parents clearly didn't see this as a negative portent, because they suggested she move back to our town for A levels and live with us - the two of us seriously fell out, and we ony just managed not to kick her out.

1 comment:

sschledt@live.ca said...

Hi, it's definitely me (Susan Schledt) you're talking about, I remember Mrs. Hunt. Very interesting reading about science projects I can't remember. Just wondering who you are, I don't remember a Katie.