12 January, 2006

January 12, 1978

I'm puzzled that I say we don't have a swimming pool at school, as I remember a huge fundraising effort to get a pool at my primary school, and this is my last year at that school. I had been in another teacher's class the previous term but partly due to "personality clashes" (I kept correcting his spelling) and partly because he wouldn't give extra work to me or the only other girl preparing for secondary school entrance exams (although he did give some to the two or three boys preparing), I had been moved into Mrs Hunt's class.

We did about symmetry in shapes. We then had French. We learned classroom verbs, such as 'j'ecris avec un stilo', 'I am writing with a biro'. We went swimming at school (as usual). We have not got a school swimming pool, anyway it is winter, so we go to Leamington baths. I didn't get a book from the library. Mrs Hunt (our teacher) showed us a film on Queen Victoria. I took my topic home and had trouble with it. I watched 'The Good Life'.

No comments: