08 August, 2006

August 8, 1978

Today I played around and the piano until we went out. First we went to see Grandmas friend. She showed us her taco press and gave us a catalog to get one with. We went to a material shop to get me some dressing gown material but Mummy and I disagreed over it. We went swimming at Dennis the Menace. At home I played around and had a sumptous supper. I saw ‘Charlottes Web’ part 1.

My mother used to take advantage of the fabric available in the US every summer when we went over there. I remember differing somewhat on her attitude to making me clothes: she thought the fabric was the most important part, so a different pretty fabric could be made up using exactly the same pattern year after year, while I was more into the styling – although I had awful taste then, I probably still approach clothes the same way.

No comments: