19 August, 2006

August 19, 1978

Today is my half birthday. We went shopping at Longs to get me a new watch. It is gold (at least the face is) coloured and the numbers are like this: 7. Although the base is just plain, the metal that shows is gold coloured. I think it is the most beautiful watch ever.
I went over to Tinas to see if she wanted to go and see ‘The Pale Pink Dragon’. She did, so after lunch we saw it. It was at the Navy. I got my program signed by all the cast except the flower dancers.
After supper we played bridge. Grandpa helped me and my partner was dummy so I won.

Because my birthday is in February my grandparents always made a big thing of my half-birthday as it was when they were more likely to see me. The Navy is the Naval Postgraduate School which was where my grandfather worked.

No comments: