02 August, 2006

August 2, 1978

Dear Yolande,
I made a collage of a princess. I have not named her but I know she is a princess because of her small silver crown. I will give her to Grandma. I went bike riding, read ‘Sherlock Holmes’ and then had lunch. After lunch it really rained. Boy, did it rain! It poured and pelted and it was even worse by the time we got to Coventry. I thought there was going to be another flood! We were supposed to have seen the Mystery Plays, but ‘rain stopped plays!’ Instead we went to the Toy Museum. It was rather nice. On the way home we looked inside the house in Bubbenhal. Pray, cross your fingers, and wish with all your might that we move there. Just think, this time tomorrow I’ll be in America. U.S.A., here I come!

I’m not quite sure if I am referring to a specific flood locally, or THE flood. The Coventry Mystery Plays were great fun, we must have gone on another occasion as I remember seeing them. I was in Coventry recently for work and I saw the Toy Museum and wondered if it was new, but apparently not. It is in an old house right by a main road and I wonder if the house has become cut off from what used to surround it, which is why I didn’t recognise it.

No comments: