01 August, 2006

August 1, 1978

Today although it is Car Registration 1st day of year I saw no new cars with a T-registration plate. This morning I put a few things in my rucksack for the plane. I saw ‘Tarzan’ and ‘Belle and Sebastian’. The latter was interruppted by a temporary fault. After lunch we went to see the Dawkes. Helen and I read and picked raspberries. I borrowed ‘Mountain of Magic’ from Helen and I have finished it. After supper (stuffed marrow, yum) I saw ‘The Rockford Files’ and ‘Whats on Next?’

I’ve decided to restart typing entries with the current month as the gap is now getting ridiculous. I was clearly a very geeky and weird child – although I still like stuffed marrow. Helen Dawkes had the distinction of going to the local convent school, even though I don’t think they were Catholic, where they wore very weird maroon uniforms that had to be bought from one particular shop. I remember being fascinated by those uniforms.

No comments: