26 February, 2006

February 26, 1978

This morning I painted the walls of my hall over the woodchip paper. It is for my Guide Handywoman (Mummy says ‘Handyperson’) badge. I read ‘A Stranger At Green Knowe’ before lunch. After I ate my lunch I telephoned Helen and Harriet (well, actually, Harriet) to come and play. Both of them did. We played ‘House’ and Helen and I played ’Waterworks’. I watched the last of ‘Hawkmoor’. After supper (and bath) I watched ‘Anne of a Thousand Days’ about Anne Boleyn.
Hoooooray! I moved to my room!

I had been waiting for the attic to be re-done as my bedroom since before Christmas – I had been promised I could move into it, and stop sharing with my brother, for my birthday but as you can see that was not to be. My new wallpaper was a pink Sanderson print.
Harriet is now a children’s author and Helen a historian.

No comments: