24 February, 2006

February 24, 1978

No school because there is no oil! We went to Kathy and Davids in the morning, as Mummy works then. She teaches. We played Valley One Two Three in the garden. It is hide-and-seek, only you touch a certain place and say ‘Valley One Two Three So-and-So’ if you see them. They can touch it and say ‘Valley One Two Three In’ and be safe. I did my homework and went shopping. I got a Jasmine doll. Ballet was o.k. I watched ‘Disney’, ‘The Goodies’, and ‘Going Straight’ about the star of ‘Porrige’ out of prison.

Richard Beckinsale, much missed. Kathy now works for the World Bank and David is a philosophy lecturer in Glasgow. Their father is a fairly famous economics professor, but was not such a high-flyer in those days; their mother, Carol, very sadly died of cancer a few years ago, and was a close friend of my mother’s until then.

I can't find anything about Jasmine dolls, as I don't think it's from the film Aladdin, as that was much later.

No comments: