31 December, 2006

December 31, 1978

This morning we woke to find the ground covered in snow. We went out and came in many times, in between which I read the Guinness book of Records. It is super, great, FUN. We (the Leamintons) went skiing. Loverly! We should have driven home, but there was too much snow, so we stay here. I also should have had Biddy and Catherine to stay. Boo-hoo

My abiding memory of Christmas holidays in Exeter as a child is going to the pantomine, and coming out to find it snowing. This time it was clearly a bit later, but it is very rare now to have that much snow that far south-west, or that early in the year. My family were always keen on cross-country skiing, but the skis at my grandfather's house were probably left over from when my parents bought cheap, secondhand skis in the 60s - or even when my grandfather skied.

I've still got quite a bit of April to June, I think, to type up, so I'm going to start on that next, but dating it 2007. After I finish each month I'll redate them all 2006 so that the year stays in roughly the right order. Enjoy!

No comments: