22 October, 2006

October 22, 1978

This morning Amanda + I read for a bit then we had breakfast: it was French Toast. Then we recorded a song context (all three of us lost) a gardening programme and ‘These You Will Love or Else’, (from Russia). We sneaked in a bit of ‘hospitals’ then Amanda had to leave. I then read. Then there was lunch, and after that I did some ironing, and then I read, listened to a tape, and did my homework, which I kept stopping and stalling over, but was really very easy. Then after supper, bath (after a prolonged wait) and a bit of seeing two boring and violent programes (Withering* Heights and A Horseman Riding By) I retired to bed.
*Wuthering


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable that your childhood so closely resembles mine - even though there's a 12 year difference in there. Television when I was young must have been lots of repeats, because I remember a lot of the shows you mention, and a lot of the activities - Guides, Pathfinders/Explorers, although like you that was more of a fleeting thing - my parents never attended church.

Now I wonder why I indenify with this blog so much - is childhood in the UK really that unchanging, or was my family just really, really set in their ways?

Great to read, anyway - brings back many memories of home, since I moved to the US when I was 18...