30 September, 2006

September 30, 1978

From now on I will only keep a Holiday + Weekend Diary

This morning Mummy + I went shopping, I got Catherines present which was a pack of Snoopy coloured pencils and a little tin called ‘My Book’. I got some clogs! After lunch I wrapped Catherines present up, put it in a box, wrapped it up, put it in a shoe box, taped it up, put it in another shoe box, wrapped it up, and put the whole lot in a big cardboard box and wrapped it in newspaper. She had a fun time undoing it! At the party we played charades and consequences. In consequences you write down a certain thing and pass it on. It is terribly funny. Then we played sardines and hide and seek.

I still have a pack of coloured pencils like that somewhere – yes, I am a terrible hoarder – I don’t know if she gave it back to me or if I bought another one later.

I think secondary school must have been very time-consuming, tiring or both. The journey was a lot longer, for a start.

1 comment:

meredic said...

Oh how I sympathise and empathise. Somewhere in the darkest corner of Halletts Mountain there is a box containing just such. In my case mainly outlining a teenagers angst over a girl unobtainable back in ’74. I also seem to have kept a box of pencils for nearly 30 years as well. Top of the evening to you.