12 April, 2007

April 12, 1978


This morning after assembelly in Handwriting (with Mrs Edwards) we were taught about left and right handed people. We had a test on history. In games we started rounders (this terms game). In Science I drew a cow! Miracle for me, I can’t draw at all well. In Piano I got a new piece. When I got home I put my new school skirt on! I watched ‘The Canal Children’ and ‘Think of a Number’. No telly in the evening. I listened to ‘The Spy Who Stayed Out in the Cold’ about spying.

I’m not quite sure if this was a skirt my mother had made or bought for primary school, or one for my secondary school, which I didn’t start till September. We didn’t have to wear uniform at primary school, although most schools now seem to, and my mother didn’t think it was necessary – but I do remember when I started secondary school we wore pinafores rather than skirts.

No comments: